Maintain your time pieces using our watch repair service. At The Jewelry Source, we understand both the sentimental and monetary value of your watch. Whether you simply need a battery replaced or a complete watch restoration, be assured that your watch is repaired in-store by our certified full time watch maker, since 1985.
BATTERIES Most watch batteries* are $15 each, including tax, we can do one or two watch battery while you wait.
Multiple watches needing batteries can be picked up the following day. *Some exceptions apply, see below.
BAND SIZING while you wait, no charge.
SPRING BARS while you wait, generic stainless steel, no charge.
BANDS aftermarket bands ordered within 2-3 days. we do carry a selection of leather bands for common sizes.
● include complete disassembly and inspection of critical watch components; systematic cleaning, oiling, lubrication and precise regulation. Crystals and cases are meticulously cleaned and stainless and or karat Cases are polished.
● must be cleaned and overhauled at least once every 5 years depending on usage and environment. Just as you would not go without changing the oil in your car every 3-5 thousand miles or it will start running poorly and wear itself out. Running any mechanical movement without changing the oil will do the same to the movement, wearing it out and causing it to run erratic.
QUARTZ MOVEMENTS (with a battery)
● need much less servicing and can be used until they stop running altogether. 3-5 year general servicing does not apply to the low torque quartz movements. Water is the greatest enemy of movements, if the watch was water resistant. Make sure the gaskets are checked and greased at least every year or two and replaced with every battery change.
RESEALING WATCH CASES
● Most importantly; water resistance is ‘not a permanent condition’ it must be maintained in order to stay resistant to liquids. The gaskets must be inspected and tested at least once a year, or more if used under water on a regular basis. every 1 to 3 years to maintain the original water resistance. Also note that cases will eventually wear out and not be able to be re-sealed.
Battery replacements do no guaranty that the watch will be or stay water resistant.
Watch Battery replacement (most $15 each) ***
Solar watches (Citizen Eco drive, Seiko solar, etc. are always factory service ** only)
If the watch is used for swimming * or diving *, the watch will need to be sent to the respective service center ** for both the battery and re-certification.
battery replacements do not guaranty that the watch will be or stay water resistant.
A watch listed as waterproof or water-resistant is not a permanent state and gaskets will need to be replaced on a regular basis to keep the case fully sealed. Most watch companies suggest or require the gaskets be replaced every one to three years if the watch is used in water. (see your owner’s manual for full specifications for your specific brand of watch)
We will let you know if there is any visible damage to the existing gaskets or see signs of water damage when replacing the battery.
Water resistance testing is available, upon request for an additional $20 per watch and will ONLY provide pass/fail results, testing takes approximately one shop-day to complete.
(Tuesday-Saturday) We can only test to 3ATM, anything more will need factory servicing.
$35 total, with battery
If gaskets need replacing to (re)seal the watch then water-test again will require additional costs, starting at $65 and will be quoted before parts are ordered.
$100 (& up) total, with testing and battery
You should never use a watch in hot, soapy, or chlorinated water, solvents or fuel as that will dry out the gaskets and make them fail prematurely.
* Failure to notify us that you use your watch for swimming or diving does not automatically make us liable for damages caused to your watch after servicing or battery replacement.
** We are no longer able to send watches into the factory or service centers for the customer because of service center restrictions on repair services to the trade.
*** We do not guaranty that the any watch will stay running for any length of time after replacing the battery, that would be dependent on the condition of the movement.
*generally, we cannot reseal the case after servicing. Nuggeted watches cannot be sealed.
**Generic parts are generally available.
While we can work on and repair most any watch, in recent years there have been placed significant restrictions on part(s) availability.
Not being able to get casing parts makes it very difficult to impossible to reseal a case to make it water resistant.
Also, some manufactures make their own movements and then also restrict parts to their own factory service centers making it impossible to get movement or casing parts. Because of this we can't chance working on any brand in the 'Factory Service Only' column.
With all the imported watches that are available on the internet, many other 'brands' will not have parts availability.
If you can't purchase the brand in a US store, then most likely we can't get parts to repair it.
Other restrictions apply and will be disclosed at time of estimate.
Full Service watch repair
Serviceable but no case parts*
Factory Service only
Baume & Mercier
GMT-Master 2 (Rolex)
Accutron (tuning-fork) no parts
Citizen -Eco drive (solar)
Seiko -solar watches
'Smart watches' or fitness trackers.